Friday, November 25, 2011

Marriage is challenging and knowing you don't want to throw in the towel do you ever just?

take it to God and pray about it?





I am not a religious nut, but I do believe in God. ';Even though sometimes I do wonder why he has permitted so much bad in this world';, but that is besides the point.





With regard to marriage do you ever just take it to him through prayer, talking to him and asking for help?Marriage is challenging and knowing you don't want to throw in the towel do you ever just?
the 1st ten years then just gave up.


figured it wasnt meant to be


and i was just holding on to something that i'm suppose to let goMarriage is challenging and knowing you don't want to throw in the towel do you ever just?
YES, and I am far from a traditional religious sort. LOL I believe that my relationship w/ God is between he and I. But yes, there have been a few times in my 20+ year marriage that I have asked God to let us know what to do, or to let me know what to do- show me a sign. LOL Happily though, there have been hundreds of times that I have instead thanked him for the great husband I do have and a love that has never died despite the ever changing dynamics of a long marriage.
Yup. It works. Like I always try to tell my crazy Roman-Catholic mom, you don't have to be a religious nut to believe in God. These nuts fighting for what they believe in is what causes all these stupid wars in the first place. (Jihads, but the government won't tell you that.) In any case, praying can help. I know there is a God, I know it 'cause I've had some pretty weird things happen, for the better or the worse that somehow prepared me for stuff. Just ask him for guidance and if he doesn't want you to be with the dude, he'll split you up. If he thinks the dude is fine, he'll help you through the hard stuff. Either way, if it's not to better you it's to better someone. I wouldn't say he allows torture for no reason. Plus, talking to someone that always listens and doesn't mock you helps too. (:
I have been with my husband since I was fifteen and married him in my twenties. I often ask myself why did I not leave him. I asked God a many day to guide me down the right path. It is not easy but over the years I have grown with him and he with me. He is a changed man and God answered my prayers. But marriage takes patience honey, love, devotion and some self sacrificing. I had to learn when to be humble and when to stand up. When to just respect a decision and when to give my insight. We are very good now.
i think we have been given what we need intellectually when u say take it to him i view that as i sit down and take the responsibility to figure something out based on my morals and faith and beliefs in other words we know what's right and what's wrong.
Yes, and it helps a lot! (and He does have his reasons for all the bad happenings in the world- I wonder about that too sometime)





So if you're asking God for help you're doing the right thing
yes, a lot of times. getting married is easy, staying that way is a choice. and it does take work.
I think absolutely yes.Before as well as through out the marriage you should take it to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment