Friday, July 30, 2010

Do you believe a marriage withstands all?

I'm just wondering how many folks out there actually believe in the for better or worse. And for those that have been married long periods of time, How do you get through the bad stuff? I know the communication deal and all that but personally when you feel like you just can't take anymore, How do you do it? What do you do to get you through? How do you work it out?Do you believe a marriage withstands all?
No it does not. There are marriage deal breakers - cheating, any crime committed, drugs, alcohol, sexual, verbal, and physical abuse, etc. I think it would be a huge mistake to stay married under those types of circumstances. The 'for better or for worse' is for things like financial problems, medical issues, etc. Those you stay and work through.





I have been married for 21 years. It takes constant effort from both people to remain happily married. You learn how to work together through the bad stuff without panic and fighting. When I feel like I have had it, I go off for alone time to regroup (as does my hubby). We respect the need to regroup. After thinking things through and regrouping - we talk if it is needed. I do not call him names or yell and scream anymore (did some of that early on - it in no way helps. It makes things worse). We really have a fun, exciting, and happy marriage. We enjoy each others company and have each others backs. Marriages and people grow and change over time - hopefully for the better if you work at it. You have to want it to be better and want to be a better person for your spouse.Do you believe a marriage withstands all?
No, marriage can not withstand everything. There are horrible things in this world that I have little doubt that even the healthiest and loving relationship can handle. If my husband should become an adulterous heroin addict who beats me up I'm not going to stay in that sort of relationship.





Marriage at its core is about 2 people being logical, rational and reasonable. If one of those two people can't be those things then no matter how much the other person tries it will not hold the marriage together.
Marriage can last life time if it is not based on suspicious minds which could readily break the toughest bonds. There has to be trust, love and respect. Married life has it's ups and downs. Husbands and wives do quarrel at times and not all hubbys are soft or wives tolerant of the mis-manners or bullying by their husbands. At times they have even physical fights and hurt one or the other. Yet these situations happen on the spur of the moment and either or both cool down when their folly rains down like a hard hammer on them later. In reality such fights are the test to the love they have of each and surprisingly it strengthens their bonds. Why seek another woman when you have a loving, caring wife at home or vice versa for the husband? So, keep deep respect over a longer period of your spouse and things get settled on their own!
Marriage is only for better or worse if the better outweighs the worse! It takes a good team to be successful! Marriage can be nearly perfect if you think alike and agree to disagree! Lets be honest the sex has to be good and if your doing it right it gets better and better regardless of the amount of time you spend together! Shared interests are very important and a tolerance for what you don't enjoy that they do is essential!
';For better or worse'; means that you will stay together and be partners when life is easy and when it is hard. It is not referring to the emotional state of the marriage.


We get through the 'bad stuff' together as a team. It is us against the world sometimes, and that makes us a stronger team. Thank God that the 'For better'; times far outnumber the ';for worse'; times.
We went through an affair about fifteen years ago. We have been dirt poor, especially during our earliest years. We have raised two boys from birth now to almost adulthood. I think what happens is, IF a marriage can survive some of those worst times, it gives the relationship a feeling of power, because it has already survived so much.





To get through it? Just perseverence. One of my biggest fears in life was having another man raise my kids as a step-parent. It never happened, and I have a close relationship with my boys today that I think will last forever. It was hard, but it was worth it.
ok this is my thought on this through my exsperience, i do not think the bible meant a women staying with a volient partner or living with someone cheating


better for worse is about going through tough times in life and sharing the good times


I decided i loved my kids more than to allow them to be raised in fear and danger instead of hoping aor a praying a man will change,people choose and you can not change them
I believe my marriage does. But I don't believe all do (obviously they don't).





To me there are reasons to leave (infidelity and abuse), the rest you try to get through. Sometimes time cares for it, talking, counseling, etc. Marriage is a lot of fun most of the time, but it takes work too.
I was married for 24 years and finally had enough. I tried everything I could to make my marriage work. It takes two. I am very happy now. divorced for 5 years and recently remarried to a wonderful man. That works for me!
Believe in God and with him all things are possible. Communication with spouse, Trust and Commitment
I'm with Dannie M. IT takes two people who are committed to each other and who honor their wedding vows.
Whew! I have two holes in the carpet on my side of the bed from having to pray SO often.

No comments:

Post a Comment