Friday, July 30, 2010

Should Heterosexual partners be allowed to have a Civil Partnership instead of marriage?

A couple were interviewed on BBC Radio 4





A man and a woman want to have a civil partnership rather than


a marriage due to the Patriarchal nature of marriage, but


aren't allowed to.Should Heterosexual partners be allowed to have a Civil Partnership instead of marriage?
We have a type of civil partnerships here in Spain.





A formalisation of couple status with the appropriate tax benefits etc, but you麓re not actually married.





Bit pointless if you ask me.If you麓re gonna sign a load of papers you might as well have some kind of knees up.Should Heterosexual partners be allowed to have a Civil Partnership instead of marriage?
I get torn with questions like this..with regards the religious sanction of a marriage,a religious ceremony seeking God of the Bible's blessing, the Bible clearly states what is and isn't to be and I can't see that ever changing...however, I believe in equal rights for couples, any couples and so an alternative ceremony that affords the same rights would make sense and be fair as there are too many non religious folk who have the same ceremony and same rights. My pal married a muslim last year and chose a humanist ceremony, non religious to avoid conflict and it is a marriage in every way...it was one of the nicest weddings I have been to, but it wasn't a religious one....same sex couples need to remove the need for a religious blessing and law needs to change to recognise alternative weddings as equal to a church or religious one...the two will never marry so my view is why force the issue, there are loads of alternatives...the issue is equal rights.


Perhaps the whole notion of marriage needs reviewing, religious ones and non religious ones...it is a insult to be asking from religion the very thing it stands against.
Fair enough: equality for hetero and gay marriage rights. I'll take it seriously when there is actually gay marriage rights and not just the sham civil partnerships.





Mind you, I'm not big on the whole thing. I just like to see even handed and fair rights for all couples.
There are now laws for common law partners so I don't think a civil partnership is needed for heterosexual couples. I do think homosexual people should be able to get married properly though and that's where the issue should be!
I personally would not see the point in having a civil partnership





may as well be married, but if a couple choose to do that then yes I think they should have the right





x
People should be allowed the choice.
Yeah why not. Its all about equality innit.





person below me...there is and never has been any rights for 'common law' partnerships
they aready have it, registry office

No comments:

Post a Comment