Friday, July 30, 2010

Do you think Gay Marriage should be legalized in the United States of America? Why or why not? ?

I encourage staight,gay, lesbian, queer, whatever your identity may be to reply. I am looking for serious and educated explanations only. This is for my research paper. If you cannot express yourself in a mature manner please do not respond I will report your a$$ (lol) Thank You. Again no matter what your viewpoint is as long as it is appropriate!Do you think Gay Marriage should be legalized in the United States of America? Why or why not? ?
Yes





Because America is so far behind the rest of the developed world on this. I'm not anti-American, but quite frankly, I think it's a joke that a supposed world leader is so far back in the dark ages. America should be ashamed of itself.Do you think Gay Marriage should be legalized in the United States of America? Why or why not? ?
If it's a research paper, shouldn't you be researching books and websites and citing them, instead of people on here? But I don't know what your guidelines are.





Anyway, I think gay marriage should be legalized, however, I don't think it should be called ';marriage,'; but something else.





Before I explain, let me say that I am an open minded person, have thought a lot about this, and have no spite against any orientation.





Gays should have the same rights as straight people do. The difference they have among people are no bigger than what any differences anyone has. Homosexuality is a sin, but if we're gonna get religious, remember that everyone is a sinner, so unless everyone is restricted from marriage, everyone should be ';qualified'; to get married.





However, marriage has been, for quite a long time, a sacred union between man and woman. I only feel that lgbts (lesbian, gays, bisexual, transsexual) should marry under different terms than marriage because it would be invading something that has existed under a union of opposite sexes, and to be fair, lgbts have no right to alter that aura of marriage. Whatever this new term may be, it would still have all the effects of marriage- the only difference being the name.
Yes, I think it should be legalized.





Simple justification, really - equal treatment of all citizens under the law, not ';special rights'; for the majority.





Related to this would be the separation of church and state - some churches support gay marriage and others do not, so which church should have its position codified into the law that applies to all? Again, simple answer - NONE. In my religion, we do not believe in killing animals. We are all vegetarian, but does anything think we should have our religious beliefs codified into a law that applies to all citizens? Fortunately, we do not think we have the right to do this. It would be nice if all the other religions would recognize that they have the freedom to practice their beliefs within their own congregations without having to impose their beliefs on others.
My daughter wrote a very good paper for college a few years ago on this subject. She is a lesbian young woman whose views do not always follow the norm of a typical person in the gay community. However, she feels that gay marriage should be legalized based on the fact that most minorities (women, blacks, gays, etc.) have been discriminated against. At one time in this country, bi-racial marriage was also illegal. If you would like some of the sources she used for her paper, I can ask her and e-mail that information back to you. I hope that I have been helpful.
I think it should be legalized


Yes





1. It Should Be Separation of Church and State - People get up in a hissy, cuz its is suppose to be Adam and Eve... And this seems to be predominantly why people say Veto.


2. Why Not - There is real no reason as to why it is not legalized. It all comes down to discrimination and blatant stupidity.


3. Other Minorities can Marry - LGBT community are counted as a minority, and well Blacks can marry, Latinos, Ect.


4. It would probably help the community too - Happy couples living together... not saying that all gay couples are happy couples, but less tend to break up, especially if it is a serious relationship such as marriage. Cuz they have found there soul mate. I meen think about it, working through society, as a LGBT, living lies, telling lies, sleeping with random people, trying to feel human, then they meet someone that they ';love'; and well what better could you do then share your lives together forever, with all the benefits of a straight couple.
I am all for it!





To people who oppose gay marriage on religious grounds:





There is difference between a legal marriage and a religious marriage.





A legal marriage is a legal contract between two people. To achieve this, you must go through the court system, which from my knowledge has nothing to do with a church/religion. Legal marriage plays no part in religion.





The issue I guess is people think gay marriage will force churches to allow gay marriage. No it will not! A church can refuse to marry anyone because they can do what they want. But their wishes should not dictate US policy.





Being gay is no more of a choice than having brown eyes. Both are biological. The bible is a collection of fairy-tales written by men who did not know how the world worked. It is used to control people





Gay individuals just want equal rights under the law. They are not trying to change religious dogma.





People who point to the bible for evidence against gay marriage need to read the book a little more closely. They like to pick and choose what to believe. It is quite sad. If something effects their life in someway, they say ';We shouldnt take it literally.'; But once something doesnt effect their lives, but many others, they are all for it.
I'm a straight Christian girl, who although I know It's ';a sin'; in my religion, fully beleive it should be legalized! One of my best friends is gay, and I hope one day he can have a nice relationship were he can be legally married!





I mean, why SHOULDN'T it be legal? What can you say that makes it wrong? You can't say it's a sin...cause I mean...So is sex outside of marriage (in Christianity at least) and you don't see them making that illegal. I support! %26lt;3
Yes, i do think that gay marriage should be legalized because people should be able to love and be loved by whoever they want, and who are the government to interfere with peoples life decisions after all this is america supposedly the land of the free, so we she all be free to express our love for our spouse,rather it's same sex or not, however we choose.
Yes it should be legal. I am gay and I know. All the straight people, supportive or not, do not realize. I could never understand what African went through as slaves. I am not black so I will never know. I am gay so I know what it is like. Can you understand what it is like to be legally worse than everyone else. Imagine the law actually said that everyone else was better than you.





Furthermore, there are loads of rights thrown in with marriage. How many do you think there are? There are 1,138 (source listed below) rights that gay people are denied due to marriage. WOW! That's the civil issue.





And if you want more email me and ask. lewistutor@hotmail.com


I could right a book on this topic.
I think it should be legalized. It better be by the time I want to get married. I think that some people really aren't that open-minded and just don't think it's right. There's nothing wrong with love :-) Even Hallmark is starting to acknowledge gay marriage and has even made cards for it :-)
of course why not, y should anyone be able to prevent people from marrying even if it goes against their personal beliefs, y should anybody care what somebody else does with their life, its THEIR life, let them do what they want, and besides in our constitution it says that church and government should not be mixed, therefore religious beliefs should not stand in the way of gay marriage even though they have been
I am gay and I am a 17 year old male.





I firmly believe that marriage should be legalized in the USA between any two consenting adults, gay, straight, bi, or otherwise. As long as both parties consent, the marriage should be legal.
of course it should...for america to not have all its states legalize gay marriage/civil union by now is slightly out of character...considering that smaller countries have enacted 'Civil Unions'...new zealand for 1 in 2004 or 2005...
It already has, but only in Massachusetts and California from what I understand. I think the time will one day come when it will be legalized in all states. Hopefully soon. Just my view.
Everyone has the right to express themselves theirfore I respect everyones opinion but I think love should have no gender after all love is about how you feel about someone else deep inside which is the heart plus u are not hurting anyone by giving love






I really don't care ! I don't C Y any 1 would marry %26amp; I don't want kids ! However, from a civil rights perspective I'm obligated 2 support it !
I think it shoudl be legalized because love should be free. It shouldn't be decided by some law. Love is Love, and it cnanot be broken.
i dont see why not.


i dont get whats so bad about it!


why should you care if 2 people want to get married?


thats what i think
yes because it could do nothing but make people be happy and feel like equals.
Why not? Let people be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment