Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How does sexual rejection in your marriage affect you in your everyday life?

It makes you walk around with your fists clenched. You have an undercurrent of anger at not being able to get what your soul craves (intimacy and affection, not just sex). I can't tell you how many divorced people I've talked to where lack of intimacy was the straw that broke the camel's back. It's the long road of not knowing when, if ever, you'll get the emotional and physical caring. The unknown stretches out in front of you and you just go SNAP.





The people that are doing all the denying of sex ... you know I've found they actually don't know what's going on. Either their partner can't tell them or else they do get told and they can't face it. I think a lot of marriages would be saved if the person found out how dire things are sooner rather than later.How does sexual rejection in your marriage affect you in your everyday life?
You use battery operated toys more than you should, you feel like crap about yourself, you start to look at all the hot guys at work and think about an affair. I came close.





Instead I told my husband that if he didnt get off the computer and away from the television that he spent all his free time with - that he had to move out by Friday. I talked to him about it for YEARS. He agreed and we are now back to having more hugs and time together and we are planning some weekends away too.





If he refuse to change I will be separated by now - but then I could have my needs met. Marriage inst all about sex - it is the emotional rejection that goes along with it that ruins a marriage.


How does sexual rejection in your marriage affect you in your everyday life?
It effects your self esteem causing problems in that area.


It could make you angry, bitter and caustic towards other and in particular members of the opposite sex. You would also be tense and maybe your attention span would be shorter when trying to do tasks in the work place. IT really does totally affect your entire view point on almost everything. I wish more people understood this better.
Well before my husband got his surgery there was a time that I was rejected...I know its so hard to believe lol...anywho I let him skate but when It was the 3rd rejection I was so pissed that I cut him off for about 6 months. Now that was rough even my friends were like please get laid, please your scaring the men away. lol. Now lack of sex leads to less pheromones, less adrenaline so pretty much leads to depression. Moral of the story...lack of sex can lead to divorce.
As human beings with feelings it is very tough to have any rejection. When you have rejection at home of any kind it definatly has an effect on your self esteem, and self assurance, you count on feeling safe and assured at home, It will effect how you face the outside world.


jpg
J.J.,





Rejection can lead to low self esteem. If you have rejection, then you need to get yourself and your other half into counseling. Sex is not everything. When people get older, other things become more important.
It has become the normal in my 12 year marriage!





I get turned down every night and every now and then in the morning or daytime too!





If I acted differently when I was rejected that would become my new ';normal';!






it makes you have no self asteem, if your spouse doesnt want to have sex with you, then who will? it can also make you desperate for any kind of attention from the opposite sex, which leads to cheating
I think first it is low self esteem and then after so long then you become numb to it. I think then you look for other ways to recieve pleasure from lack there of.
More stress... It just builds and builds and there is nowhere for it to go... my exercise equipment has had all it can take, it also makes me feel a bit useless
When I reject the wife, it makes her want to please me more in other ways, like a special dinner and her being nicer.





It's a win-win!
It sucks, the job, everything else sucks. Feel like you are worthless and wonder what is wrong. I hate it.
For me, it makes me feel unwanted and worthless....





Of course, now things are getting interesting at home... He has given up a few things and I'm seeing more marital fun because of it! LOL
I'm usually grumpy the next day. I dredge up old thoughts that should be left alone. Fortunately it is pretty rare.
Makes me frustrated and irritable. Also makes me want to look else where
Hurt.





In men, hurt = anger.
oh, you take care of your husband/wife...why deny when you can fly!
It causes me to spend waaaaaay to much time on Y!A

No comments:

Post a Comment