Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What do you think about gay marriage?

I just don't understand. The whole thing is so stupid.


What RIGHT does the government have to say ';no, you can't marry?';


Doesn't that COMPLETELY go against the 1st Amendment, which dictates freedom of religion? What if someone's atheist, or their religion dictates that there's nothing wrong with gay marriage? What happened to separation of church and state?


I'm so sick of these religious people who think their religion is SO GREAT that it should just be made the law of the land.


One of the many reasons that extremely religious people piss me off.What do you think about gay marriage?
i agree completely with you. But since there are more Bible thumpers than people with their eyes and minds open - this ';free'; country will continue to allow that little black book to dictate our laws.


Just watch pretty soon only rich white old men will be able to get married to young tiny no brained puppets. it's the way it's ';supposed'; to be. God says so. Just ask a Bible thumperWhat do you think about gay marriage?
the main problem is marriage has religious overtones that the civil government chooses to accept as the only way marriage is legal. Get that part figured out and go for it. I think you are going to have to get the laws changed first.
Everyone has their opinion and they or other people make a big deal out of it. I wish they won't. Everyone has a right to marry anybody. I have 2 gay friends who are getting married soon and I am very happy for them.
I agree with you. If people love eachother, they should be able to get married. How would you like it if I went up to someone and said they can't marry because of what they do? It's the exact same thing! :\
if u love some1 then i think u should marry them if u want whether u r the same sex or not there is nothing wrong w/ that ppl cant help it if there lesbian straight gay or bi thats who they r i think it should be allowed
i'm completely pro-gay marriage...everybody has the right to get married


i wish people would open their minds


but most importantly they need to open their hearts =)
Society is built around the family.


Your mother and your father.


Legitimizing deviancy will have a devastating effect on society.
me personaly i think its gross..for a man to marry another man..like whyyyy??? look at all these women out here and you dont like boobs at all?





nah im jk they should marry who ever as long as there happy





(still think its gross though)
It's horrible. Why is it wrong to be gay? Why is it right to like the opposite sex?
Homophobia is gay
I'm not against it, as long as they love each other I think that's all that matters
I think they should legalize it in all states.


I really don't see whats so wrong about it!!


Love has no gender.
I am completely for it (:
let them marry, why shouldn't they be just as miserable as the rest of us?
People should do what they want with their lives.
I'm all for it. Love knows no race, and no gender.
Are the freaking women on the planted not good enough?!


..


Yeah, that's what I think.


It's ewwie.





Oh, and btw, I guess it's okay. I mean I'm not like mad or anything, I simply don't care. :)


I don't think about these things..


Blehh. I'm happy and gay.


Gay as in the other definition; joy and happiness.


Not gay gay.


%26gt;.%26lt;
People should have the right to marry who they love, that's my stand.
I Think that they should have the right, to make that choice.
people should have the right to anything, its a free country in america
I agree with you %100. In fact I just had a conversation with my friend about this where we were basically saying exactly what you just said. And now with this horrible thing with prop. 8 and trying to get couples divorced?!? It's horrible. They'd be breaking up so many families! That makes me want to cry.





I honestly don't understand why people think we should get to decide things about each others' lives. If you don't want to marry someone of the same sex, then fine, don't. What harm is it to you if someone else does?





Love is love. It makes me so mad that anyone thinks that two people who love each other shouldn't be allowed to marry. And beyond that, they think it should be ILLEGAL for them to marry, just because it goes against their religion. Isn't that half the reason people came here in the first place - freedom of religion? (okay I just re-read your question and realized you already mentioned that but oh well)





I think it's crazy that there's even an argument about who should get to marry who. Like only certain kinds of people can have the benefits, the rights of a married couple? Why? It doesn't make any sense to me.
I totally agree with you.


I am christian.


I have gay family members who are in love.


I find it wrong that just because there physological preferences are different, that doesn;t mean they should be treated different.





Okay, so since a bunch of REALLY REALLY religilous people will never let this TOTALLY happen since it says in the bible that its not right.... so gay MARRIAGE, will never leageally hapen around the world.





But....





why can't the world make a up a new type of commitment that has the EXACT same beneits of marriage.... but call it a different name so god and religious people don't get P'Oed? Nobody said it was illgeal to copy something like marriage from what i have heard.... so why can't we make something exactly like marriage, with out the WORD matromony or marriage..... god said they cannot get MARRIED, but not ';Committed';





;)





_jane





thanks for my rant!

No comments:

Post a Comment