Saturday, August 21, 2010

I am a USC through marriage, can i petition my father who is here in the United States as a visitor?

My fathers visitor's visa will expire in 3 months. i was told that he is considered an immidiate relative and that i could petition him even if he became an overstay. any help there?I am a USC through marriage, can i petition my father who is here in the United States as a visitor?
Certainly, if you are a citizen you can petition your father if you want to and he wants to be an immigrant. If that's your intention, you should petition him now before he falls out of status. It does take quite a while for USCIS to do all the paperwork and actually adjust his status. Check out uscis.gov for the forms and the procedures for filing.I am a USC through marriage, can i petition my father who is here in the United States as a visitor?
sure you can , its even easier now that you are a citizen. file a green card petition for him..
Hi yes you are correct however do not allow this Visa to expire before making your request for a change of status. If you do he could be barred from returning for up to 10 years!





Go to the USCIS webiste and giv ethem a call also make an appointment to go in and talk to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment